Monday 14 May 2012

Game Day Nutrition with Gary Roberts

With playoffs underway and many OT games having been played already, recovery for players becomes all the more crucial to prolonged success.
I’m often asked:
  • What should I be eating the day of a game to have the most energy possible?
  • What should I be eating post activity to make sure I’m recovered for the next time I play?“.
First of all let me start off by saying that if you’re thinking or asking these kind of questions you’re already on track.  Awareness, knowledge, and preparation are all you need to start making a huge difference in not only sport but life.  The benefits of nutrition are widely known but from my experience: I maximized my gains from training, had more energy, healed faster and thought more clearly because of what I put into my body.

The above being said, I wanted to use my first blog post as an opportunity to share examples of my ideal game day meals and snacks in hopes that it inspires readers to think about what they eat and how it affects their performance!

Enjoy!

Read the rest of the article Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment