Tuesday 28 February 2012

Easton RS Stealth Hockey Gloves

By Hockey Gear Review N, Hockey Gear Review
Sunday February 26th 2012

Look and Feel

Off the bat you will notice that the new Easton RS Gloves look quite different. I wasn’t really sure how I felt about it. I really like my traditional 4 roll gloves but I have to admit that I may be changing my preferences. Anyways, the gloves cuff is on an angle to give it a nontraditional look. The change was to give the glove a better range of motion and I would say for the most part, it works quite well.

The black colour of the gloves gives it a nice and sleek look. It follows the black and yellow color pattern that the RS stick has. I like that Easton has the colours across different products to help identify the level of quality.

The RS glove is an anatomical fitting glove (close fit) and it feels quite nice on. There were no restrictions or pressure points in the glove. The palm was a little stiff, but I think that you change with some more game time. My measuring stick for any product I test is how much I notice the glove when I play. I would have to say that I hardly noticed the RS gloves and that is a compliment.

Performance

The Easton RS gloves were quite good once I got out on the ice with them. Because of the tight fit, there were no movement restrictions. I was able to do most of my usual tricks with the gloves (clutch and grab!). They feature all of the usually features you would expect with a high-end glove. They had lock thumb, high density foam and featured nylon outer to help reduce they weight. The ergonomically fit is really nice. It wraps your hands comfortably and allows you to do whatever you need to do on the ice to be successful.

Recommendation

The Easton RS gloves are a good glove for someone who likes an anatomical tight-fitting glove. I would have no problem recommending these gloves to anyone who asks about them; provide you can deal with the way they look. I would say that you will need to try them out in the store. Grab a stick and see how it feels in your hands with the gloves on. Ultimately that will tell you what you need to know. If you like the feel, then get the gloves. Hockey Gear Review recommends the Easton RS gloves to intermediate level players and above.
Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment